ROAD SAFETY NOTICE - CHRISTMAS ISLAND MARATHON
Public Notice 36/21
September 7, 2021
The Shire of Christmas Island wishes to advise that the above activity will be conducted on Sunday the 19th of September 2021 from 5:00am – 3:00pm along a route from the Cricket Club finishing at Flying Fish Cove. This event will be conducted on the following roads:
From 0500am to 2pm:
· From Cricket Club -Phosphate Hill Road to Intersection of Irvine Hill Road
· Irvine Hill Road to North South Baseline Road
· North South Baseline Road to Grants Well turn off
· Pink House turn off to East West Baseline Road
· East West Baseline Road to Murray Road turn off
· Murray Road to near Central Workshop Grants Well entry trail on right.
· Grants Well plateaux exit on Irvine Hill Road
· Irvine Hill Road to Phosphate Hill Road
· Phosphate Hill Road to Lily Beach Road
· Lily Beach Road to Linkwater Road
· Linkwater Road to Golf Course Road
· Golf Course Road to Road Settlement Gaze Road
· Gaze Road to Roundabout
· Roundabout to Jalan Pantai
· Jalan Pantai to Flying Fish Cove
Drivers are requested to observe any signage, temporary speed restrictions and any directions from Event Officials or Escort Officials and vehicles.
Temporary travel delays may be experienced. Drivers are requested to slow down and take particular care passing runners and walkers. Please assist in providing a safe environment for Marathon participants.
For further information please contact the Manager Community / Recreation Services & Training, Mr Oliver Lines on 9164 8300 ext 233 or 0439 215 096.
Chief Executive Officer